Monday, March 5, 2018

You don't win friends with salad

I have never liked salad, seems like animal food and, “you don’t win friends with salad”. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6Kj17oVHAk

However, salads here in Benin are some good stuff. It’s usually ten percent lettuce then a bunch of random things on top. Always a lot of spaghetti, dressing, fried bananas, potatoes, carrots, peas, all cut up. Sometimes fries, hard boiled eggs are always a part of it and often served with a side of turkey wing and bread. Just a funny thing you probably didn’t know. So here I can definitely have salads.

We had a cool experience this week. We were walking down the street and a little girl ran up to us asking us to follow her. She was sent by this man. He thought we were Jehovah Witness, as everyone does. We give him a brochure and fixed a time to go see him. He seemed somewhat interested in our first lesson and talked a lot. We didn’t know what to think but on Saturday we went back to teach him we taught about the Book of Mormon, gave him one, and invited him to come to church the next day. Sunday rolls around and he was there ten minutes early to church and it was a shock because rarely does anyone come to church on their first try. It was fast and testimony meeting and in the middle, he stands up and says he is new, this is his first time, but he knows that he has finally found the true church of Christ. So that was awesome. We will fix a baptism date with him, he seems awesome.

Not much else happened this week. We had zone conference which went over pretty well, president liked it. I got to see a baptism at Cococodji which was cool because everyone over there loves me. I’m feeling at home now the apartment is clean.

I am in my last 6 months of the mission so if the mission was high school I’m in my senior year and because I had no pics for the week I decided to do my senior mission pictures, I hope you enjoy.

Senior Mission Photo Shoot

I am learning guitar for "Don Carlos Smith" band