Monday, February 26, 2018

Skeleton in the closet

Not gunna lie I think my golden birthday was the worst one ever. It’s true I can’t remember some, but this Tuesday was not ideal. I woke up to get packed to go to my new sector and sadly all my clothes I had washed on Monday night had not quite dried overnight and were all still wet. So, I had to pack them wet and wear wet clothes to the transfer. There was also no power and little water, so ironing stuff and showering were no goes. Then I got transferred. When Martial and I walked into the apartment that we were supposed to live in we were appalled. We then spent the whole week cleaning it. It looked as if no one had lived in it for years. So much dust and trash and weird smells. We could not go out in the sector because we were forced to clean everything.

However, a good thing about my birthday; I got a bunch of movie quotes to read and guess the movies they were from. Basically everyone I know wrote one so thank you all for that gift.

We threw away so much stuff in our apartment purge. We found many weird pots, we found Santa pants, old clothes. We put our trash down stairs because that’s where the trash guys come in and take it away. Then on Saturday we went out to buy some rice from a mama across the street who also owns a little shop on the side. Then weirdly enough I looked close at the paper lining her table and it was ripped up sheets of preach my gospel. The pots, the Santa pants and many other things we had thrown away were now on sale in her store, coincidence? I think not.

Martial likes musical things and we set up my piano and he brought his guitar and we have jam sessions. He has named the band “Don Carlos Smith” after the coolest sounding name of Joseph Smiths brothers.

Martial is a great guy. It’s a little hard white washing the sector, but on our first day we fixed two baptism dates and the branch seems cool enough. Things are finally clean.


Weird things we found while cleaning:
Lizard Skeleton
This random drawing

It's hard to tell, but things were really dirty.
The finished product

Me with Elder Martial "Don Carlos Smith" band