Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Marriage. Marriage is what brings us together today

This week was pretty exciting. We got to witness the marriage of Frere Serge and his wife Miriss. I was so happy for them. The decision they made to get married goes against many African social customs, but they understood how God’s laws comes before the laws of Men. They were so happy to get this chance.

Don Carlos Smith was put to an end this week as Martial got transferred to Togo. I’m now working with Elder Kerr, someone from my generation I’ve always wanted to work with. Elder Kerr is the son of Mayani. I never thought I would actually work with him but God was on our side. We are working hard to become the best missionaries we can be at the end of our missions. We each have four months left, so we're all about finishing strong.

Martial and I spent this week working really hard. We walked to Wake for the second time and that was rough, but this time it only took four hours. Martial made sure to do one last prank and when I laid down last night to go to sleep gold bond powder shot out of my fan, so he did get the last laugh in our prank war.

We also got to cram into the Stake Center to watch a little bit of general conference. I didn’t see much but it was cool the little bit I did see. My favorite thing ever was when President Nelson chastised all the priesthood brothers like a true Congolese would about how to bless people with the priesthood. This motivated me even more to do better studies.

Easter in Africa does not exist, oh wait it does, but it is so unrecognizable that I forgot it was Easter. We were walking down the street in the sector then coming towards us is a huge crowd of people in white robes following a small kid about twelve years old. The kid was carrying a full-blown cross, like dragging it just like Jesus did. I really hope they weren’t about to crucify that kid. They all bowed for a little bit and started praising him and singing. When we get closer we see he has a crown of fake thorns on his head. What all that was, I don’t know, but weirdness is normal, I forgot.

The marriage was a huge part the week not much else happened.

Wise, Ellison, Me
With Martial waiting for a taxi
Someone I taught with his friends from Finagnon. (Sorry the lighting is bad)


The Wedding Pictures