Monday, April 16, 2018

Bloody Ankles

Rainy season is starting which means the evil blood sucking parasites have many places to have children. My poor ankles can’t get a break. So many mosquito bites all the time. I have found the purpose of mosquitos in Gods creation of the earth is pure opposition (2 Nephi 2:11).

One of the joys of this mission are unexpected crazy people. I’ve shared some stories. We had another one last week. A huge mama sees us from afar, jumps up and runs toward us speaking in a broken English. “Oh, welcome to here. Oh, welcome. Do you come from New York or America? Wife me, wife me. I need to go with you.” She is saying this as she tries to grab us. I got the gist she wanted us to marry her. It was so random. I couldn’t stop laughing. I kept asking questions in English and she kept giving me weird responses. We finally gave her a word of wisdom brochure and left. Thank goodness for those experiences. Sometimes I feel too at ease here, I need those from time to time.

We had stake conference this past Sunday and it was super cool to see the Benin stake together. I have worked in five different branches and wards in Benin. I knew so many people that were there. Members I worked with, converts, and people I taught that were later converted. It was such a cool thing to see.

I got the chance to go on a split with Elder Bassett on his birthday. That was fun. We had a really good pizza at a place close to his apartment. The best pizza I’ve had since the US and we had a crappy pink birthday cake that was 100 percent Benin. Elder Bassett is a really good missionary.

I had a super spiritual experience a few weeks ago but I didn’t realize the full power of the experience till this week. So, the week I got food poisoning I was also feeling kind of down about the mission. Kind of wanting it to end. I was up all night praying to the porcelain gods. That morning I got a call from president saying he was thinking about me all last night and how could he help me with my spiritual and physical health. This hit me when I heard that story in conference by President Oaks in the priesthood session sharing a similar story about an elders quorum president. I realized that my mission president is called of God. Something I knew before, but have a greater confirmation of and I know he is righteously exercising his keys over his missionaries.

Another picture with Kerr in the Zem shirts

Stake Conference

Crappy Cake

Eating Pizza at Salsa

Me and Kerr outside Salsa