Monday, April 30, 2018

Baby Food

I saw a sign on the road this week that had an ad for English classes. It read SPEAK LEARN ENGLISH! with a phone number. I wonder what kind of quality class that’s gunna be.

I had a really cool testimony shared with me from one of our investigators named Mi__. She is an investigator with a lot of problems. Her husband is abusive and does not want her to leave his church. She has had several children die. Her husband does not support her financially, and her parents give her no help. When we first started teaching her she would spend the whole lesson crying. Martial and I had the idea to give her a priesthood blessing of comfort. After that she got pretty busy and we weren’t able to teach her for a while. Just this week Kerr and I got to see her again. And she bore a huge testimony about how the blessing we gave her changed her life. She said she sees the blessings of God in her life and she knows we are sent from God and if it weren’t for her husband she would be a member of our church and is praying for the Lord to soften the heart of her husband. I was touched to see how the priesthood I have was able to bless this sister.

Mi__ also could not believe we were only 20 years old. She says we act like were at least 30 which is crazy to think people here believe I’m that old. I guess I act old, but look young because she also kept asking us questions about what we eat so she could feed that to her kids so they can stay young looking like us. I told her it’s not what we eat it’s just who we are but she kept persisting so I gave her a word of wisdom brochure, I hope that helps.

This week we had another miracle. We had 11 investigators at sacrament meeting. I was so happy. Some were new, some were old. We found one new one that has been studying institute at the university here in Benin. I did not know we had institute of religion at that university but apparently, we do. He is super smart and is really interested in our message I’m very excited to teach him.

I’m also super excited for the progression of Serge and his family. Serge and his wife were here on Saturday to clean the church building with some other members and every time we go over there we are just so happy. They have become family and close friends and the’re so excited to become members of the church. Some of my biggest blessings on the mission will come from that family.

It’s been super hot this week so I have been talking in my sleep and sleep walking more as Elder Kerr has reported in the mornings. So that’s great, the heat messes with my sleep.

With Elder McKrola (the assistant)

Our little coffee table on which we eat

Mop to clean the floors

The drain that smells like poop (Most don't use toilet paper to save money, so in the shower, the extra poop washes off people into the drain.) I use toilet paper.

Weird slotted windows that we forget to close and the rain come in