Monday, February 19, 2018

Good days larson elder...

First, I want to type out letter for letter a text I got form that schizophrenic guy we met:


Good days larson elder great

to yours 3 brothers this numbers

no for me is this my girlfriend

ZEKINATH OLOHOUNTO,,,MY

NAME CARD PAPERS BACHABI

NOUROU thankyou MY NEW FAMILY

TO LIFE GO I GREET ALL FAMILY

GOOD PRISE FOR JESUS AND

THEY TO MUCHLOVE DJOUGOU

NORTH is very no be have pollution

air fresh thank yo



Definitely the best text I have ever received in my life.

So, the worst days for me with the worms were after I took the medicine. Tuesday and Wednesday I was super sick. I guess the worms did not like being killed so they took me down with them. I was really feeling bad, but we had some things to do on Wednesday so I asked for a priesthood blessing and from the moment I had the blessing the pain went away and I'm feeling better. So, I chalk that up to a miracle.

This week I got to see my converts. I visited Sr. Ju__, the one who couldn't speak French, but after her baptism she could. It was awesome. She had just moved from Ouida, where the church is not found, back home so she can become active again. I’m so happy for that. I saw the Mik___ who are doing so many great things. They are saving money to go to the temple this year to be sealed. Papa Mik__ has told all his brothers and cousins and family in Congo to join the church and is constantly inviting amis and through the efforts of papa and mama over 15 people have been baptized in the church. Really these two are the best converts ever and the Lord did it all. These people were prepared by the Lord, I was just the instrument, and boy does it feel good to be that instrument.

Another blessing is an investigator, he is a contact from a member. Ever since we taught him about the restoration, he has not missed church, an activity, or institute. He reads the Book of Mormon every day. He was very touched by Joseph Smith’s testimony in the beginning and is going to be baptized in March. Segal and I had some good lessons with him where the spirit was really strong. We had one moment where I pulled out a scripture that came to my head and Segal was about to share the same scripture, so we knew we were doing the right thing. This is a really good investigator, sad I have to leave him.

So, the transfer happened. I’m going to leave again after having only done a transfer here in Finagnon. I’m going to Cocotome to be a zone leader with Elder Martial a half Haitian half Asian black American. He is a super positive guy, so this should be really fun, I’m excited. Sad to leave Segal, but still excited.

There is this one lady in our sector, no matter when we pass by, she has to stop whatever she is doing and show us her brand new baby girl (who has pretty light skin). Why she does this I’m not sure. Even if the baby is sleeping she runs in and grabs her to show us and we do nothing but look at her, say thanks and try to get out of there because it's so weird.

We had a good week. It was sad to say good bye to Finagnon. There are a lot of good people here many were sad I am leaving so fast. I made some good friends in the ward. We took pics and they made us dinner so we chilled with them all that night. I shared some pixi stix I got in a package with them and they all thought it was the best thing ever. The littlest kid called it his favorite chocolate, don't know why, but was very funny.

So, a new adventure awaits.

I am going to miss Segal

Good bye, Finagnon

The Last Supper in Finagnon

Ouida Snake Activity

The door of no return

Driving to zone activity

Saw this on our drive. It is called "The Deformed Child"

Food after the activity