Monday, July 30, 2018

An old Man's prayer & Mission Evo!

I’m not gunna like my brain is super scattered now. I have only one full week here on the mission. I have this week filled with rendezvous’ so I can stay focused, but it’s gunna be a big mental battle.

I don’t remember much of what happened this week except for one thing that made my mission. Remember that old guy last week who got easily confused that Peter was Fabrice. Well, he with his super sweet heart, made my life with a prayer he offered. When we first met with him we asked him to pray and he said he didn’t know how so we gave him the assignment to read in the brochure. There is a little box that explains the steps of prayer under the title how do I pray? This week we ask him to give the opening prayer. This is his prayer word for word translated into English:

"Heavenly Father, Express the feelings of your heart. Gratitude, question, request to confirm the truth of the Book of Mormon and the teachings of the missionaries in the name of Jesus Christ, amen"

We were shocked he took the time to memorize that little box and that had been all of his prayers from when he read it until we saw him. But he was so sincere. We were so happy and we helped him see that the part in the middle were just suggestions and he can pray for what he wants.

So, this is the last week I’m going to get to write a weekly email. I will probably add any pictures taken when I get home, just so you know. Next week I’ll have two last baptisms. We’re baptizing the wife and child of a recent convert trying to complete his family, so that is super exciting. A really great way to end the mission.

Well, I can’t believe this time has come. I remember one moment in my mission where the realization hit me that I had not yet seen Jesus Christ. However, this is not a super big deal it kind of surprised me. Because over these last two years of my life I have come to know my savior in a way I never could have otherwise. I have relied on His strength and promises so many times to get me through so many situations. He has always helped me with my best interests in mind.

The Benin Cotonou mission was exactly the mission I needed even though there were many, many times where I thought this place was outer darkness on earth. I’m so grateful for the adversity. The comfort zone is a beautiful place, but nothing grows there.

My knowledge of the Gospel has so greatly increased, I can’t believe it. The little testimony I shared in primary are the exact same words I share today. But now I share them with so much more confidence and personal experience that support what I have always said. There are eternal truths. The Gospel is real, it works. The church is true. God lives. Jesus is the Christ. And Russell M. Nelson is his prophet!

See you all real soon!

One last thing made in pine

Some lady looking through our trash