Monday, January 8, 2018

Good bye Elder......Johnson?

I have a testimony God works in mysterious ways. I have been transported backwards 16 months and will work with one of my MTC companions, Elder Segal. We are going to be zone leaders in Finagnon, a sector in Benin. Which means after only five weeks in Porto-Novo I will have to leave. This is super weird, the branch members here are actually pretty friendly, for the most part, which is a little rare for this mission. But when they wanted to be all sad because I was leaving they were not sure my name. I got called Ellison, Ellie, and most commonly Johnson. I got lots of people saying goodbye to Johnson so Elder Johnson will be greatly missed here in Porto-Novo even though he doesn’t exist.

This last week we kept visiting our crazy investigators who don’t progress. Uaua had two baptisms, which was cool to see. We did some good work but five weeks is not a long time at all. My reflections on Porto-Novo are it’s not that different from Cotonou. I really like the apartment and its placing with everything I need nearby. The branch has some work to do but I’ve heard where I’m going there is even more work to do.

Some really good news I heard for those of you who remember the story of Ge__, the man who was going to kill himself when me and my son found him. Well, he was baptized last week by my son it was such great news to hear. A man at the lowest depths of life has risen and now has joined the true church.

I know Thomas S. Monson was God’s chosen prophet on the earth, and I love how I know can already fully trust His new prophet. This Church is true, and I’m excited to have seven more months of telling this people that very message.

With kids in the sector

Porto-Novo district

With Uaua


Frozen eggs from the fridge that doesn't always work

Bowling in the apartment

"Perfect Brown Baby" From Bad Lip Reading (2:35)

Uaua with a pig